Everything I want to say is in The Minimalist Pandemic Preparation podcast and YouTube video. Don’t join the hoard. Please go watch or listen to it.
In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan discuss the appropriate preparation and response to societal crises with the Director of Entrepreneurial Education for the Foundation for Economic Education, T.K. Coleman, and they answer the following questions:
Some questions and answers discussed
- How likely is a minimalist to survive in a catastrophe?
- How do I quarantine for 2-6 weeks as a minimalist?
- What should I do with my time while socially excluding.
- Go Read a novel
- Put in some family time
- Put in some creativity time
- Get some exercise (go listen to ‘Parklife’)
- Try and live mindfully, good practice for now and later on.
- Consider what you need ‘just for when’ not ‘just in case’.
- Do some research – think for yourself.
- Minimalise. Go round your house, look at what you need, what you would need if you had to take your possessions quickly and go. I took myriad objects that, as I moved from hotel to hotel, just went back to the house. Not needed. A month later I’m still doing it.
- Don’t become a prepper.
Every little thing, you think that you need, I bet you will
be fine survive without it.
Bathrooms normally have showers. Think about if you could survive without toilet paper.
All the above is because I’m now sorted and as someone who’s been socially excluding for forty six years, I’m well practiced. I have everything I need. Keep it simple and keep safe zombies. 🧟🧟♂️
For me, time to go read for a while. I’ll be back in a week or so…